- Mauritania's Minister of Petroleum, Mines and Energy, Abdessalam Ould Mohamed Saleh, presents his grand vision for Mauritania as a producer and exporter of gas, petrol and hydrogen.
- Mauritania, Africa’s second largest iron producer, is putting its national flagship, SNIM, back on track to double its production by 2026. The high level of iron prices should help
- With just a year to go until production starts on the Grand Tortue Ahmeyim gas field, Mauritania is on the verge of becoming a major global gas producer.
- We are pleased to announce that Dr Keabetswe Modimoeng has been appointed as Corporate Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Group Executive for Multichoice Africa with effect from January 2023. Dr Modimoeng will report to Collen Dlamini (Group Executive Corporate Affairs), and he will be a member of th…
- The MultiChoice Talent Factory welcomes 60 new students for its 4th cohort at its three Academies in Zambia, Kenya, and Nigeria.
- The online courses are tailored for industry professionals working across the African continent and have launched in eight African countries. The courses are an expansion of the existing programmes MultiChoice Talent Factory already offers its beneficiaries.
In the 500th issue of African Business, out now, we look at how Africa can profit from the extraordinary demand for its critical minerals. The continent has at least a fifth of the world’s reserves in a dozen minerals that are critical for the energy transition. But African policymakers will have to navigate fierce geopolitical competition between the US and China, drive a hard bargain with miners over investment and royalties, and support domestic industries to ensure that value is captured on the continent. Can the continent avoid the resource curse this time?
- The pan-African Ecobank’s flagship women’s programme ‘Ellevate’ aims to empower and support women-led and women-focused businesses with the financial and value-added solutions that will help their businesses reach their full potential and succeed.
- The Grand Finale of the current Ecobank Fintech Challenge will take place in Lomé on 28 October, with a top prize of $50,000 for the winning contestant.
Ecobank Group delivers strong performance during the first half of 2022 and increases Profit Before Tax by 24%Key financial highlights Profit before Tax increases by 24% to $261 million Net revenues up 10% to $910 million Record return on tangible equity of 19.5% Earnings per share increases by 24% year-on-year Ecobank Group reports strong performance during the first half of 2022, with unaudited Profit bef…
- Africa needs an integrated approach to implement its development agenda. The year 2016 marks a double transition period, from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Agenda 2030, and at the continental level, from the New Economic Partnership for Af…
African Union to promote Agenda 2063 and campaign against Child Marriage during the Africa Cup of Nation Women Finals in CameroonA strong delegation from the African Union Commission (AUC) is expected to take active part at the 10th Africa Women Cup of Nations to be held in Yaoundé, capital city of Cameroon from 19th November to 3rd December 2016. The biennial International Football Championship organized by the Confeder…
- What is the Agenda 2063? Agenda 2063 encapsulates Africa’s Aspirations for the Future and identifies key Flagship Programmes that can boost Africa’s economic growth and development and lead to the rapid transformation of the continent. Scroll down to discover the key initiatives of Agenda 2063. Spot…