- Banks have an important role to play in financing a just energy transition through their lending practices and investments. Sunil Kaushal outlines Standard Chartered's strategy.
- A white paper from the Africa Finance Corporation argues that there are limited benefits to be gained from reducing Africa’s already low carbon emissions.
- High-income countries can hardly expect African countries to forgo the use of their own natural resources without investment of $70bn a year to meet their renewable energy needs.
Class of 2022: MultiChoice ushers in the next generation of African storytellers at the graduation ceremonyThe MultiChoice Talent Factory Academy is a multi-disciplinary training programme that was launched in 2018 to develop the next generation of storytellers in Africa.
- MultiChoice aims, not least through its involvement in the Earthshot Prize, to bring people together around a shared passion through compelling local and international stories, ensuring that the company is part of the solution for Africa’s socio-economic challenges.
- The MultiChoice Group, an official African media broadcast partner for The Earthshot Prize, will air the prestigious competition’s annual awards ceremony which will be filmed on Friday, 2 December at the MGM Music Hall in Boston, United States.
In the December / January edition of African Business magazine, out now, we look at whether a ground-breaking United Nations resolution heralds the end of an international tax system that has favoured the rich world for decades. With Africa taking the fight for its rightful share of trillions of dollars in global taxes to the UN, we look at whether tax justice is finally in sight.
- The African Union’s African Peer Review Mechanism has waded in to support Ghana after the country criticised Moody’s downgrade decision and alleged the ‘institutional bias’ of credit ratings agencies towards African countries.
- Ghana has launched its new development bank, which aims to provide long-term, competitively priced loans to SMEs who have long been deprived of adequate financial support
- Mistrust towards smallholder farmers runs deep among Ghana’s banks. What can be done to help the country's farmers grow their way out of poverty?
- Africa needs an integrated approach to implement its development agenda. The year 2016 marks a double transition period, from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Agenda 2030, and at the continental level, from the New Economic Partnership for Af…
African Union to promote Agenda 2063 and campaign against Child Marriage during the Africa Cup of Nation Women Finals in CameroonA strong delegation from the African Union Commission (AUC) is expected to take active part at the 10th Africa Women Cup of Nations to be held in Yaoundé, capital city of Cameroon from 19th November to 3rd December 2016. The biennial International Football Championship organized by the Confeder…
- What is the Agenda 2063? Agenda 2063 encapsulates Africa’s Aspirations for the Future and identifies key Flagship Programmes that can boost Africa’s economic growth and development and lead to the rapid transformation of the continent. Scroll down to discover the key initiatives of Agenda 2063. Spot…