- Decarbonisation is the future for both Africa and Europe, explains Hanane Mourchid, Senior Vice-President, Sustainability Platform, at the OCP Group.
- Thousands of tons of fertilisers are being shipped from Morocco to Ethiopia through blockchain transactions worth nearly $400m.
- The goal of the project is to develop a multipurpose industrial platform in Nigeria that will utilise Nigerian gas and Moroccan phosphate.
In the April issue of African Business magazine, out now, we take a detailed look at how Nigeria plans to build back after the economic ravages of the pandemic. With hopes of a long-awaited rise in the price of oil and a raft of multi-billion dollar infrastructure projects in the pipeline, we ask whether the recovery will be sustainable or prove yet another false dawn.
- The Digital Banking Survey, a collaboration between African Banker magazine and Backbase in July 2020, has resulted in an essential insight into the future of this fast-moving sector.
- Digital transformation is revolutionising the African banking scene. Read our analysis of what banks need to know in order to flourish in the new environment.
- Outgoing CEO of the African Guarantee Fund Felix Bikpo tells us how the AGF is mitigating the economic fallout of Covid-19.
African Guarantee Fund and Afriland First Bank partner to finance SMEs/SMIs, support women entrepreneurship and promote green businessesAfrican Guarantee Fund has issued a loan portfolio guarantee amounting to USD 10 million to Afriland First Bank to support SMEs, women entrepreneurs and green economy in Cameroon.
- The partnership will unlock $1.3-2bn in loans to women-owned SMEs in Africa and signals the launch of AFAWA's Guarantee for Growth programme.