Position: Conference Producer
Responsible to: Project Director
Salary: £23,000 – 25,000 per annum plus performance related bonus
Hours: 40 hours per week. Core office hours are 0900 – 1800 with one hour for lunch
IC Group is one of the world’s leading sources of analysis and debate on African political and economic issues. Using a variety of platforms and services including; magazines, digital media, newsletters and international events, we deliver unparalleled coverage on the latest developments in the region.
With 20+ nationalities operating throughout the Group, speaking over 10 languages including various African dialects, we have a diverse a dynamic team with a proven track record in delivering outstanding solutions with a results driven approach.
Our events team continues to produce high quality events despite unique challenges and tight deadlines. We provide expertise and experience to meet even the most demanding requirements of our clients.
For more information about the company and its activities, please visit the web site at https://www.icpublications.com/
IC Events is recruiting for a Conference Producer to join its Production Team. The purpose of the job is to assist the team with the production of a busy programme of commercially viable conferences, award ceremonies and other international events focusing on business, finance and current affairs in Africa.
The role is full time and suitable for a highly organised professional with experience in assisting with the production of small to large-scale, international conferences, ideally with an interest in and knowledge of Africa and the African markets. We are looking for a flexible, versatile and dynamic professional who enjoys travelling and keeping abreast of current economic and social developments across the region, working in international and very diverse environments, and who is able to work independently as well as part of a small, hands-on team.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- University Degree in a relevant subject;
- At least 2 years’ experience in conferences/events (preferably production and speaker management);
- Knowledge and understanding of different business models in commercial conferences;
- Excellent research and English written communication skills, with the ability to familiarise themselves quickly with new topics, write clearly and concisely, and edit documents;
- Strong telephone manners, interpersonal skills and versatile verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal confidently with stakeholders at all levels of responsibility and from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Track-record of establishing and maintaining relationships with high-level stakeholders, securing their participation in events;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work on multiple tasks and to deliver effectively under significant time pressure;
- Ability to work under limited supervision, to foresee potential problems and to think-up solutions quickly and independently;
- Positive, hands-on attitude;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good command of the MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint Knowledge of and interest in Africa and the African markets (highly desirable)
- Fluency in French (highly desirable)
The Conference Producer will assist the Production Team with:
- Desk research on a variety of economic, business and financial issues in relating to Africa Production of written materials and communication documents such as concept notes, speaker briefs, invitations, etc.;
- Design and development of conference programmes and agendas ;
- List research and sourcing of potential speakers for conferences and events;
- Speaker management – from selection to invitation, follow up, briefing and on-site coordination;
- Liaison with Operations Team concerning Speakers’ logistics;
- Liaison with Marketing, Communications and Sales Teams to identify target audiences and conference selling points, and to produce conference collaterals and marketing materials;
- On-site coordination of speakers during events, including providing briefings regarding session topics and formats;
- Liaison with Operations and AV teams on-site to ensure the smooth running of sessions;
- Other production and administrative tasks as required.
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 p.a. plus performance related bonus
Applications will only be considered from those who already have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Candidates called for interview will be expected to provide evidence of this in accordance with UK Government guidelines.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
Want to continue reading? Subscribe today.
You've read all your free articles for this month! Subscribe now to enjoy full access to our content.
£8.00 / month
Receive full unlimited access to our articles, opinions, podcasts and more.
£70.00 / year
Our best value offer - save £26 and gain access to all of our digital content for an entire year!