What: The United Nations Joint Team on HIV/AIDS in collaboration with the National AIDS Programme are organizing a one-day event, as part of the National AIDS Campaign, which aims to mark World AIDS Day (1st of December) with the participation of community leaders, youth leaders, civil society organizations, academia and doctors to talk about the key issues related to HIV and AIDS, efforts of the national response and UN’s response to HIV in Egypt.
When: Thursday December 1st, 2016 starting 12:00 pm
– Opening speech and welcoming.
– Presentation of National AIDS Programme for the current situation in Egypt.
– The Joint United Nations efforts to support the HIV national response.
Where: Bibliotheca Alexandrina
Objectives of this event are:
– The launch of activities for the National Campaign against AIDS for 2016 that will take place in 15 governorates in Egypt.
– Encouraging young people to engage with civil society and other stakeholders to spread awareness about HIV and services available in Egypt.
– Disseminate key messages of awareness in order to encourage young people to carry out testing of HIV as a major step toward prevention and treatment.
– Strengthening the role of society and the media in educating young people and to promote healthy behaviors.
Egypt marks the annual World AIDS Day on December 1. Celebration is part of a national campaign designed to raise awareness about HIV, enhance prevention efforts and move the various sectors to address the stigma and discrimination that surround people living with HIV in Egypt. Through the annual campaign, national stakeholders are successful in mobilizing key actors such as the media, celebrities, private-sector companies and civil society organizations to participate in the campaign and many stakeholders with a focus on youth, women and children.
The conference provides free bus transportation from Cairo to Alexandria. For more information and registration, please contact: Mr. Ashraf Selim 01122433004 [email protected]
Distributed by APO on behalf of United Nations (UN).
Want to continue reading? Subscribe today.
You've read all your free articles for this month! Subscribe now to enjoy full access to our content.
£8.00 / month
Receive full unlimited access to our articles, opinions, podcasts and more.
£70.00 / year
Our best value offer - save £26 and gain access to all of our digital content for an entire year!