RISE TO THE OPPORTUNITY with a global university on a rapid rise. NTU.
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is the fastest-rising university in the world’s Top 50 and ranked 39th globally. NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
The Centre for African Studies (CAS) at NTU is a new trilateral platform with government, business and academia to promote knowledge and expertise on Africa among Asian businesses and policymakers, to accelerate the creation of deeper economic and policy links between Africa and Asia.The Centre for African Studies (CAS) at NTU is a new trilateral platform with government, business and academia to promote knowledge and expertise on Africa among Asian businesses and policymakers, to accelerate the creation of deeper economic and policy links between Africa and Asia.
CAS offers the following position:
Centre Director, NTU-SBF Centre for African Studies (Job Number:14000EJ)
As the key administrator of NTU-SBF Centre for African Studies (CAS), which is overseen by CAS Advisory Board, the role jointly reports to the Chairman of the Advisory Board, CAS and Dean, Nanyang Business School. S/he oversees all administrative, publicity and operational activities for the CAS’s programmes and research projects, ensure the alignment of CAS’s development to its mission, sets its strategic vision for the centre and assists in establishing CAS’s presence locally, as well as internationally.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
• Establishing CAS as a thought leader on business cultures, practices and opportunities across Africa, making it the place that Asian businesses and policymakers go to for information, insight and advice on entering and growing activities and influence in Africa, and vice versa for African businesses and policymakers
• Training of Africa-savvy leaders to support Asian companies’ expansion into the continent, building up executive, senior and top management talent in the private and public sectors in Africa and Asia
• Development of a strong Africa-Asia network, comprising public and private sector leaders from Africa and Asia
• Cultivation of strong client relations to further collaboration opportunities
• Planning and implementation of effective operations and efficient processes for the centre, to facilitate long-term sustainability
Qualifications and Experience Required
• A good degree, MBA preferred
• At least 10 years in a managerial position
• Extensive networks in Africa with deep understanding of Africa and how businesses work on the continent
• Prior work experience in Africa is a plus
• Highly motivated and driven
• Good communication and networking skills
• Strong strategic thinking ability
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player
• Amenable to travel
To apply, please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 2 character referees, all relevant academic certificates and transcript through our Management & Support Career page.
Application will close on 31 January 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To download this job vacancy post please click here
Want to continue reading? Subscribe today.
You've read all your free articles for this month! Subscribe now to enjoy full access to our content.
£8.00 / month
Receive full unlimited access to our articles, opinions, podcasts and more.
£70.00 / year
Our best value offer - save £26 and gain access to all of our digital content for an entire year!