Cape Town, August 1st, 2018
On September 5-7 in Cape Town, Africa Oil & Power will welcome the Secretary Generals of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, the Gas Exporting Countries Forum and the International Energy Forum, hosting top-level discussions as the top energy coalitions in the world pivot to Africa amid a wealth of opportunities in the continent’s oil and energy sector.
The third annual AOP flagship conference, held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, will honor H.E. Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General of OPEC as “Africa Oil Man of the Year;” and will unite Barkindo with H.E. Yury P. Sentyurin, Secretary General of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum, Dr Sun Xiansheng, Secretary General of the IEF and H.E. Mahaman Laouan Gaya, Secretary General of the APPO on an elite panel discussion about Energy Coalitions — the theme of the conference.
The GECF and OPEC, in particular, have drawn new energy from Africa, with Equatorial Guinea set to host the Gas Exporting Countries Forum in Malabo in 2019 and several new African countries joining OPEC in the last two years.
Seventeen of Africa’s top ministers are confirmed for the conference, and several will participate in on-stage panel discussions, with two Ministers’ Insights panels setting the tone for the following panels, which include upstream development, the status of mega-projects in Africa, the gas economy, renewables in the energy mix, trading and finance.
Ministers attending the event include:
- Hon. Jeff Radebe, Minister of Energy of South Africa
- H.E. Gabriel M. Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons of Equatorial Guinea
- Hon. Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, Minister of Petroleum of South Sudan
- H.E. Pascal Houangni Ambourouet, Minister of Petroleum and Hydrocarbons of Gabon
- H.E. Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Somalia
- H.E. Ernest Gbwaboubou, Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development of Cameroon
- H.E. Foumakoye Gado, Minister of Petroleum, Niger
- H.E. Jean Marc Thystère Tchicaya, Minister of Hydrocarbons, Republic of the Congo
- Hon. Charles Keter, Cabinet Secretary for Energy and Petroleum of Kenya
- H.E. Mansour Elimane Kane, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Senegal
- Hon. Dona Jean-Claude Houssou, Minister of Energy, Water and Mines, Benin
- H.E. Marc Dederiwe Abli-Bidamon, Minister of Mines and Energy, Togo
- Hon. Dr. Dhieu Mathok Diing Wol, Minister of Energy and Dams, South Sudan
- H.E. Serge Blaise Zoniaba, Minister of Energy, Republic of the Congo
- H.E. Fafa Sanyang, Minister of Energy and Petroleum, The Gambia.
Africa’s premier platform for networking and deal-making in the energy sector will feature more than 70 of Africa’s leading decision makers as speakers, including:
- Torbjörn Törnqvist, CEO, Gunvor Group
- Dr. Benedict Okey Oramah, President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Afreximbank
- Dr. Oliver Quinn, Director, Africa and Global New Ventures of Ophir Energy
- Andre Wepener, Head of the Power & Infrastructure Finance team at Investec Bank
- Robin Sutherland, General Manager New Ventures Africa of Tullow Oil
- Tope Shonubi, Co‐founder and Director of Sahara Group
- Steve Jenkins, Chairman of Savannah Petroleum
- Russell Hardy, Group CEO of Vitol
About 600 delegates are expected to attend the conference, which will also include exhibitions for the first time.
For more information go to: https://africaoilandpower.com/event/aop-2018/
Media contact: AZ Media Agency. Ms. Aziza Albou: [email protected] – Tel: + 1646-377-2178
Want to continue reading? Subscribe today.
You've read all your free articles for this month! Subscribe now to enjoy full access to our content.
£8.00 / month
Receive full unlimited access to our articles, opinions, podcasts and more.
£70.00 / year
Our best value offer - save £26 and gain access to all of our digital content for an entire year!