Minister of Trade and Industry Dr Rob Davies tonight bestowed the Lifetime Achiever Award on Ms Gloria Serobe, Executive Director of WIPHOLD and CEO of Wipcapital, at the 4th Annual South African Premier Awards hosted at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg. Ms Serobe has more than 30 years of experience in leading public and private domestic and multinational institutions.
The annual South African Premier Business Awards, held under the theme “Rewarding Business Excellence” are a key feature on the Department of Trade and Industry’s (the dti) calendar and celebrate national corporate excellence and success.
Minister Davies, in congratulating Ms Serobe said, “Ms Serobe has always reached for the glass ceiling, aiming to shatter it for herself and women after her. Her efforts over three decades aimed at transforming the national socio-economic fabric culminated in her establishing Women’s Investment Portfolio Holdings Limited (WIPHOLD), an investment and operating company owned and managed entirely by black women. South Africans like Ms Serobe inspire the nation that when excellence is a way of life, success is assured.”
Minister Davies also announced the winners of each category saying they are “playing their part in building a competitive national commercial sector which contributes to the country’s growth and development objectives.”
The winners in each category are:
- M Dreyer cc was awarded the Enterprise Development Support Award
- Aerosud Aviation (Pty) Ltd was awarded the Manufacturer Award
- Solar Capital received the Investor of the Year Award
- Saab Grintek Defence received the Exporter Award
- Thata uBeke Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd received the Black Industrialist Award
- Nestle South Africa and Bidvest Protea Coin (Pty) Ltd received the Play Your Part Award
- Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training received the Proudly South African Award
- Computers 4 Kids cc and AM Group (Pty) Ltd were the joint recipients of the SMME Award
- Icebolethu Group received the Women Owned Award
- Baclan Energy Pty Ltd trading as E-Waste Africa received the Young Entrepreneur Award
The Awards are jointly hosted by the Department of Trade and Industry, Brand South Africa and Proudly South African. Tsogo Sun, Old Mutual and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange are sponsors to the Awards.
Distributed by APO on behalf of The Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa.