EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY – HEAD OF INVESTMENTS
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern
and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the needs of the insurance and
reinsurance industry within the Sub-Region. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented
professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity
of HEAD OF INVESTMENTS
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya.
- 10+ years of experience in investment;
- Experience in leading several teams for at least 7 years;
- Previous responsibility for at least USD 200 million Asset Under Management;
- Holder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certificate from an internationally recognised
- institute; and,
- MBA degree or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of liquid and illiquid asset classes;
- Strong network in the investment universe, especially for illiquid asset classes;
- 10+ years’ experience in understanding and optimising investment processes;
- Extensive experience in designing, aligning and monitoring investment philosophy,
- investment frameworks and guidelines.
- Asset and liability management
- Strong understanding of liability implications of an (re) insurance company for the
- investment decisions;
- Profound understanding of risk definition, measuring and monitoring procedures;
- Sound understanding of modelling approaches for liabilities and assets and the capability
- of leading quant teams.
- Experience in chairing an investment-liability committee or at least being member of such a
- committee for several years;
- Experience in steering asset management companies or an in-house asset management team;
- Experience in organizing an internal dialogue between the asset owners (insurance side) and
- the investment functions.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications to the Managing
Director by e-mail attaching a detailed CV with personal details of e-mail, telephone, current
remuneration and three referees by Friday 29th January 2016 to: [email protected]
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well
qualified candidates, particularly females, are strongly encouraged to apply.
A DETAILED ROLE (JOB DESCRIPTION) OF THIS POSITION CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Want to continue reading? Subscribe today.
You've read all your free articles for this month! Subscribe now to enjoy full access to our content.
£8.00 / month
Receive full unlimited access to our articles, opinions, podcasts and more.
£70.00 / year
Our best value offer - save £26 and gain access to all of our digital content for an entire year!