The World Economic Forum is a comprehensive and integrated platform to strategically shape global, regional, national and industry agendas.
The Forum helps the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to improve the state
of the world, serving as an independent and impartial partner and acting as the officially recognized International Institution for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Centre for Regional Strategies – Africa catalyses the growth and development transformation agenda for Africa through public-private cooperation. The Africa team integrates the foremost leaders from government, business, civil society and academia from the region into World Economic Forum activities and communities. The team is involved in all aspects of relationship management, community development, thought leadership, the relevant regional business council, as well as in regional and industry public-private cooperation projects for the countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Currently, the team has engagements with 36 countries across Africa and manages regional projects related to agriculture, infrastructure and skills development. The team also has the overall responsibility for the organization of the Forum’s annual regional meeting, the World Economic Forum on Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver medium- and long-term strategies to ensure that the Forum continues to be the foremost convening platform of public and private sector leaders of the growth and development sector in Africa
- Regional Project Management related to agriculture, infrastructure, skills development including relationship management and development of Forum partners and constituents involved in those projects and developing content anchors in a number of reference organizations, such as univerisities, think tanks, regional and multilateral development banks and standardization bodies
- Managing project teams (directly and indirectly) and serving as a key internal point of contact with other units, namely the Business Engagement, Consumer, Food & Beverages, Infrastructure & Urban Development, Energy, Investors and Financial Services industry teams; and also relevant Global Challenge teams
- Lead all aspects related to event management in the frame of ad hoc workshops and thematic round-tables and, when required, support the team in overall event management throughout the series of annual and regional meetings. This includes the supervision and organization of work ranging from administrative and logistic activities to communication (preparing documentation and presentations) and field work
- Conducting fast-paced research and preparing written content to support the initiaitive’s objectives and activities
- Designing and coordinating the initiative’s content on to the Forum’s digital platforms, including the Global Agenda Platform and TopLink
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in relevant technical discipline (engineering, business administration, development economics, public finance, public policy, public administration, etc.)
- Advanced degree (MPP, MPA, PhD) with subject matter expertise in economic
- development, public policy, etc. preferred
- 10 years of professional experience in managing multi-country, public-private cooperation projects in Africa with several years’ experience with inter-governmental agencies, regional and international organizations or professional services firms
- Professional credentials in project management such as PMP, Prince2, SCPM are a distinctive factor
- Profound understanding of the current regional landscape – including African Union continental programmes for economic development – and of the key drivers changing the future of public-private cooperation, development financing and their consequences; experience in analysing complex public policy issues while using the most relevant sector business intelligence and in synthesizing relevant recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to work with government leaders at the senior level, as well as with subject matter and policy experts in academia, non-governmental organizations and in engaging public sector, in both developed and in developing countries; proven understanding of, and relationship with, the key actors in Africa
- People management skills are of primary importance and only candidates with a clear track record of success in managing project teams directly and indirectly will be considered
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French is an advantage
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.