Regional Coordinator for East South Africa
What are we offering?
Fundación Capital is currently seeking a Regional Coordinator to develop its operations in East and Southern Africa. This senior position within our organization requires an outstanding professional with an established international reputation. S/he is expected to reside in that region and build up initiatives in at least four of our target countries: South Africa, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and Ghana. We will provide a competitive salary with generous benefits and the opportunity for a longer-term employment as Vice President for this region. We offer an entrepreneurial and challenging job with a big opportunity to turn your ideas into reality to create an exciting, massive and innovative poverty-reduction program in cooperation with our inspiring and international team.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an international, award-winning organization in which a team of forty people work passionately to reduce poverty in twelve countries throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Our initiatives have the power to create long lasting impact on a large scale, because they are boosted by government actions, market forces and digital innovations. At the end of the day, it is all about the people: by providing them with training, capital and productive opportunities, we enable millions of poor families to take successful and independent decisions to live their ambitions. You can learn more about our work by visiting our website: www.fundacioncapital.org
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
After FundaK won the globally recognized Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship in 2014, we are creating this position to carry our change-making approach to the East and Southern Africa Region (ESA). We are looking for a dynamic professional to build up initiatives that make a difference in the region, focused on asset-building for the poor, financial inclusion, economic rights and social protection. S/he will be self-directed and report to the CEO, while also collaborating with our experienced team and senior management.
The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Strategy: identify opportunities and advantages in at least four target countries; decide on investments and strategic planning; lead design work for projects
- Networking & Fundraising: build and maintain partnerships with allies, donors and clients; raise funds; position, promote and represent FundaK
- Management: develop agenda; manage resources; implement programs; build and lead a team of short and longer term consultants
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be:
- highly committed to social and development issues.
- able to relate excellently with people from very different social contexts, from those living in poverty to high-level representatives of governments and international organizations.
- an independent, dynamic, persistent and entrepreneurial innovator.
- a convincing and inspiring seller of ideas.
- a leader that can select, motivate and develop staff.
- prepared to travel up to 50% of working time within the ESA region.
- Languages: fluent in English (oral and written); further skills in at least one more language
- Skills & Knowledge:
– broad knowledge of the relevant Africa region and the development field, including
– knowledge on financial inclusion
– proven ability to raise funds
– management and project implementation skills
– outstanding written and verbal communication
- minimum ten years of outstanding professional experience in financial inclusion,
- fieldwork with vulnerable communities
- work experience with African governments
- Master’s degree in economics, political science or a related discipline
We will look favourably upon candidates who can demonstrate the following: further language skills (particularly Portuguese, French and Spanish); knowledge of topics related to financial education, cash transfer programs and digital solutions for the poor; international work experience in other parts of the world; experience in strategic planning and new business development.
How can you apply?
Please send us your CV, the contacts of three potential referees and a concise cover letter in which you explain: (1) your motivation to work with us, (2) why you would be a true enrichment for our team, (3) salary expectations and earliest possible starting date, (4) where you have found our job offer. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Send your applications by April 30th, 2015 to [email protected], with the subject line “Regional Coordinator for Africa”. After that point, additional applications are welcome but are not guaranteed consideration until after the initial round process. extensive networks in that sector economic citizenship, social protection or asset-building for the poor