IC Publications is an award winning, pan-African media and communications group. Today, the group publishes 8 magazines in 2 languages and organises several international events focused exclusively on the African continent. After over 40 years of reporting on Africa and its issues, our mission remains to produce relevant, world class, quality products that influence academic, business and governmental spheres while captivating audiences.
These are exciting times for the group; we are growing and expanding our products and services. Part of our growth strategy at IC Publications is to add a strong Senior Marketing Manager to our team. This person will work alongside senior management to grow the company and increase positive brand awareness on the Group and its diverse products while supporting the sales team and its objectives.
The Senior Marketing Manager position is for an experienced and skilled individual who is able to identify marketing needs, create a concise plan and execute it. We are looking for someone who can grasp the big picture and recognise the path needed to get there.
The successful applicant will have a track record of developing new ideas and must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral communication. They will be hands on, enjoy problem solving and be results driven, budget conscious, earnest, reputation obsessed and a self-starter.
IC Publications is an energetic, entrepreneurial and multicultural organization that is passionate about Africa and its people. We pride ourselves on our ability to be flexible, nimble, creative, reactive, adaptable curious and professional.
Our vision is to offer a unique insight into African affairs, from an African perspective. We aim to shape the African agenda by leading and influencing the conversation on African issues. We want to actively contribute to the socio-economic development of the continent through vigorous debates, insights and analysis and by connecting the dots, be it people or ideas, so that Africa has its rightful place on the world stage, challenging the status quo.
- Develop a marketing strategy for brand awareness to increase commercial results and engage audience and clients on a variety of platforms.
- Plan and execute elements of internal and external marketing strategy
- Implement lasting processes to strengthen the department
- Support new business opportunities, at a market and client level
- Support the commercial manager with material
- Oversee financial matters relating to your department
- Liaise with the editorial, events and sales departments to make sure the commercial team works in a cohesive manner
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills
- The ability to streamline and tailor a variety of information succinctly
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- The ability to handle several projects at one time
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent IT, presentation, budgeting and report-writing skills
- Strong analytic thinking and capacity for creative ideas
- Good understanding of the African market is an advantage
- Strong professional written and spoken French is an advantage
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]